PHASE THREE – This is our most up to date information
- Godalming branch is now open and our Cranleigh branch will remain closed until further notice
- Temporary Opening Hours – Tuesday 11am-9pm, Wednesday 9am-5pm, Thursday 9am-6pm, Friday 9am-6pm and Saturday 9am-6pm
- Please come alone to your appointment
- Our toilet will be out of use for clients unless it is an emergency
- The front door will be locked at all times unless otherwise stated
- We are running by an appointment only system
- A covid-19 form must be filled in at the start of your treatment
PPE for clients:
- You must supply your own face mask and wear it whilst you are within either of the branches. All we can do is follow the governments guidelines with regards to the face masks at this stage.
PPE for staff:
- Face masks will be supplied to the staff but they are optional
- Face shields will be supplied to the staff and they are essential – the face shields will be sanitised after each client
- Gloves will be supplied to the staff and they are optional so please do not take offence if your therapist decides to wear them
- All PPE will be disposed of in one of our ‘offensive waste’ bins and collected by Direct 365 regularly
Water dispensers will be available with disposable cups for before and after your treatment only.
Hand Washing Facilities for Godalming:
Our open plan sink area upstairs is set up as the hand washing area if you are attending an appointment for a manicure or waxing please use it prior to your appointment. Anti-bacterial hand wash will be supplied along with one-use hand towels to dry your hands, a laundry bag and hand sanitiser. Upon arrival for any treatments being carried out upstairs you must go straight to this area via our back door and follow our hand washing protocol. A hand sanitising station is set up on our reception desk if you are attending a pedicure appointment so please arrive and sanitise your hands.
Entering the Godalming branch:
If you are attending a manicure or a waxing appointment you must enter via the back door and go straight upstairs. If you are attending a pedicure appointment you must enter via the front door. If the front door is locked then please wait outside. If it is raining please feel free to stand under the archway. If you have a number of treatments booked in then please go by your first treatment (your confirmation texts will be sent in order of your treatments).
Entering the building is only permitted if you have an appointment unless we have a member of staff working on reception.
Please note that when it asks for your card details it does not charge your card, we have to manually do that in-salon once you have had your treatment. It just stores your card details. You must agree to our online booking terms and conditions by confirming your appointments with your card details otherwise your appointment will be automatically cancelled and given to someone on our waiting list.
Treatments Available during August:
- All Gel manicures
- All Gel pedicures
- All body waxing
Treatments Available from 1st September:
- All manicures
- All pedicures
- All waxing
- All facials (excluding plasma lift)
- All tinting
Please out check our website for our updated facial list!
If you have a ‘Limited Edition’ facial voucher that was purchased in 2019/2020 then please get in touch so we can run through your options. A lot of our facial products have gone passed the expiry dates unfortunately so we have some alternative treatments on offer.
Our website will be updated tomorrow and it will have all the information about which treatments are safe for us to carry out during August, September and October. Please do not book any treatments for your face using our online booking system during August. Please do not ask for any special requests.
Manicures and Pedicures:
Manicure/pedicure kits will be provided at a small fee of £5.95 for clients and stored at the salon in a labelled zip bag. Each kit will contain your own, buffer, toe separators, natural nail file, orange stick and abrasive file. This is essential and it’s the safest, most hygienic way we can carry out nail treatments. This is a one of fee and the individual products in the kits will rarely need to be replaced but we will advise you when a replacement is needed.
We will be operating from 6 manicure desks so there will be a safe distance between each desk at all times.
We will be operating from 3 pedicure stations instead of 4 so there will be a safe distance between each station at all times.
- Chairs that are used for treatments will be sanitised after each client, including the therapists stools
- Manicure desks will be sanitised after each client, including products and equipment used
- Your own manicure/pedicure kit will be sanitised and placed back in the zip bag and stored away
- Treatment beds will be sanitised after each client
- Treatment room chairs and therapist stools will be sanitised after each client
- Treatment room equipment will be sanitised after each client
We are allowing 15 minute intervals between clients to sanitise and return calls/reply to emails but if you don’t hear from us during the day you will do at the end of the day or the following morning.
At this stage no pre-payment is required as we don’t have the facility to do this other than via bank transfer which has become pretty stressful so if you have paid via bank transfer then thank you but if you haven’t yet and you have an appointment coming up then please don’t pay via bank transfer.
There will be a covid-19 form to fill in upon arrival but please do not attend your appointment if you start to feel unwell or you have been around anyone that has started to feel unwell.
I regret to inform you that we cannot take any gift vouchers as payments during August. We would have been shut for 4 months and unfortunately the first stages of us being open is a case of sink or swim and if we are inundated with requests to use gift vouchers as payments then we will simply sink.
- All expired gift vouchers are still valid
- We will not be selling any more gift vouchers until we have caught up with the ones currently outstanding
- If you wish to buy a gift voucher the only option until further notice is to pay up front for the desired treatment and book your loved one in
- If your gift vouchers expired before lockdown then you will receive the usual extension of 7 days but of course we will be even more flexible given that we will be inundated with bookings once we open
- If your voucher expired during lockdown you will be given a 4 months extension from 1st August 2020
- If you purchased any ‘Save Polished’ vouchers these will become an accepted payment method as of September
VIP Memberships and any Pre-Paid Treatment bundles:
I regret to inform you that we cannot take any VIP Membership bookings or pre-paid treatment bundles during August for the same reasons as the gift vouchers.
- You have the option to carry on as of September with your VIP Membership as normal and we are aware that your membership will run passed the original expiry date so please don’t worry about this as you will be given a new expiry date
- You also have the option to turn your membership into credit and it can be treated in the same way as a gift voucher and used on any treatments
- We can only allow one VIP Member to be booked in per day as of September until further notice
As most of you know we operate a no refund policy but on this occasion, depending on the circumstances refunds will be considered.
20% Off Tuesdays:
We wont be operating the 20% off Tuesdays until further notice
FULL Loyalty Cards:
We wont be accepting full loyalty cards until further notice
We are now up to date with replying to any emails that were sent during lockdown and we can now reply to any new emails on a daily basis, so you should get a reply within 24 hours of sending your email at the very latest.
Please do not hesitate to email back with any queries or any further questions about how we will be keeping you safe post lockdown.
Please inform me if i have missed anything you feel is important as i know 100% i would have!
And once you have visited us if you have any feedback will would be very grateful to hear it!
I really hope we have an amazing first month back so that some of the restrictions can be lifted as soon as possible as I know it will be frustrating to hear some of the above information.
I am doing the best I can to get Polished running as smoothly as possible during quite possibly the most stressful time I have ever had since Polished opened back in 2011!
No one is right or wrong in this kind of situation and I am doing what I think is best for you as clients and my staff and quite frankly most of it is a guessing game!
Please if possible refrain from complaining about any of our TEMPORARY changes that have been forced upon us due to lost revenue, lost employees, government guidelines, policies and protocols, we don’t have the same business we did 4 months ago, it almost feels like we are brand new and that we have got to build it all up again.
Please be kind, compassionate and understanding that we only have so many hours in the day and so many pairs of hands so we will book you in as soon as it is possible and we are still trying to recover from battle number one and our next battle of staying afloat hasn’t even begun yet.